5 Signs its Time to Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
January 19, 2021
Your electrical panel is an important part of the home. It controls many features and functions and even prevents fires from occurring. However, like most things, electrical panels wear out, get old, and need to be replaced to keep on working efficiently. Many signs suggest that your electrical panel has come to this point in its life. What are those signs that its time for electrical upgrades in Fort Smith, AR?
1. Faulty Wiring: Notice the wiring is frayed or damaged? Are live wires showing through covers? It is time to call in an electrician for an upgrade. This is a sign of faulty wiring, which can be very dangerous.
2. Fuses: If you use fuses and a fuse panel, you are in need of a system upgrade. This old, outdated unit is no longer used in homes. An upgrade is the best way to reduce risks in the home.
3. Circuit Breakers: If your circuit breakers frequently trip, your home lacks enough power to compensate for the amount that the family uses. This can be dangerous but an upgrade provides a quick solution.
4. Remodeling: Always call in an electrician when remodeling the home and handling major renovations. He’ll make sure the electric is in compliance with codes and safe enough for your family.
5. Problems: If you find yourself calling an electrician for repairs to the electrical panel on a frequent basis it is safe to say that it is time to make an upgrade.
The Final Word
If it is time to make an electrical upgrade, make that call! Do not wait longer than necessary to call an electrician for an electrical panel upgrade. Why live in danger and endure the other headaches associated with the problem when an electrical upgrade rectifies the issue quickly?